Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Grand Opening!

I've finally decided to join the "blog-o-sphere" and contribute my thoughts here with the specific intention of helping people.  Having worked in the personal insurance industry for nearly 10 years now, I've seen, learned, and discovered a lot of things that I feel could be helpful to people out there.  What I hope to accomplish is giving some good tips and advice on things to consider about your own personal situation, and how that translates into insurance considerations.  No pressure, you're not being sold anything here.  I'd also like to change the perception out there that insurance agents are just a little bit above the used car sales persons on the scale of trust ability.  No offense to any used car sales people out there.  But the perception is real that we can't be trusted, or maybe rather we'll say anything to get a sale.  While this may be true of some in our profession, the vast majority of professionals that I have encountered are competent, well educated, and trustworthy individuals with the similar goal of helping you figure out your insurance needs.  Of course we need sales, that's how we make our living, but the sale is no good if it isn't the right product or coverage for your need.  We have to sleep at night too.  So with all that welcome to my personal soap box.  I look forward to this experience and what value it may bring to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment